FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get a New Zealand full driving licence? ^ top
There are three stages to get your full licence in New Zealand.
Passing the 1st theory test to enter stage 1, you will be issued with a learner licence.
from there you can start to practise for road driving test.
Passing the 1st road test, you will enter stage 2 with a restricted licence.
When you have more experience and pass the last road test, then you will be issued with the full licence.
2. How many questions will be asked in the driving theory test? ^ top
35 questions will be asked in the test.
You are required to answer at least 32 questions correctly to pass.
3. What is the minumum age requirement to apply for a driver license? ^ top
You must be at least 16 years old before you can apply for a car driver licence.
4. How much does it cost to get my full driver licence? ^ top
To get your full driver licence, you need to pass the 3 stages and each stage has it corresponding fees as listed below:
Learner licence application fee $48.20
Learner licence test fee $45.70
Restricted licence application fee $48.20
Restricted licence test fee $59.90
Full licence application fee $49.60
Full licence test fee $86.60
Note the all the above fees include GST and are non-refundable.
5. Where can I find more information about getting my driving license in NZ? ^ top
You may refer to the official website and get the latest information there.
Here is the URL: http://www.nzta.govt.nz/